OK. So we didn’t all blow up today – YAY!!! Now it’s time to start thinking about questions for the big man in red ( and I don’t mean Jim Jannard =)
Here’s my wish list for my Sony F3 from Sony in 2013:
- Could we get an upgrade for 4:2:2 internal recording with 50 m/bits throughput?
- Is there enough processing power to give us RAW out of the F3?
- If the sensor is 4K can it be De-Bayer’d down to 2K to an external recorder?
- Can we us the new faster SxS cards with an upgrade to the firmware?
- If not free, could this be done for a purchased upgrade under $2000?
So, obviously what I’m aiming for here is a 2K RAW F3 upgrade for under $2000 to extend the life of our cameras as we start to save up for the F5 and F55. I think we’ll need another year or two for 4K to be requested by clients and this gives us a path to stick with and the ability to use our current configurations a little longer.
Seems like there is ‘a storm a brewin’ for the 4K market but we won’t know anything until it passes. If these cameras can be upgraded for a few bucks now and stay relevant until the new crop (no pun intended ) of sensors is released – could be a good thing.
Just thinking out loud… Santa Sony are you listening???
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. I look forward to hearing from you in 2013 =)
Until next time, good shooting.