Here’s my wish list for my Sony F3 from Sony in 2013:
- Could we get an upgrade for 4:2:2 internal recording with 50 m/bits throughput?
- Is there enough processing power to give us RAW out of the F3?
- If the sensor is 4K can it be De-Bayer’d down to 2K to an external recorder?
- Can we us the new faster SxS cards with an upgrade to the firmware?
- If not free, could this be done for a purchased upgrade under $2000?
Seems like there is ‘a storm a brewin’ for the 4K market but we won’t know anything until it passes. If these cameras can be upgraded for a few bucks now and stay relevant until the new crop (no pun intended ) of sensors is released – could be a good thing.