UPDATE: I did the full download and re-install option from the recovery options when you boot in command+R. It took a little less time than an hour total.
I’m letting my system come all the way up for about 15 minutes and then will try a restart after I back up a few things from today’s project. The question is still there… Do I want to go to Mavericks as I have already done the big change from 10.6.8 or do I wait until a few weeks have passed and the tree has been shaken a little. Time will tell I guess =)
Thanks for stopping by.
Until next time – Good shooting
Well it looks like we have a new OSX. And Apple has left the “big cat” naming convention behind… Ironically I just gave them $20 for the last Mountain Lion version 10.8.5. I slurped the Cool-aid last week and joined the Adode family with the Creative Cloud solution. I’m a little ticked that the sales person said “sure, you can run CC in 10.6.8” and you can – as long as you don’t work in the video or audio business… So off to the app store I went and upgrade I did. And, everything was going swimmingly until about an hour ago when I restarted and was met with a big grey screen on all my monitors. The lovely shade of grey (just one) seem to permanently stick there forever.
- I gave it a few minutes and then powered off.
- Restart with P+R+command+option – no luck.
- Now Restart with command+R and go for a recovery…
I’m now in the last 20 minutes of reloading a whole new OS from the recovery options. I’m hopeful… If no joy I have a full back up I did last week and won’t really loose anything important. I’ll just have to bump back down to 10.6.8 and then find a copy of 10.8.4 or jump to Mavericks…
So I’m open to thoughts and suggestions here. I’m running most of the usual suspects from Adobe: Ps, Pr, Ae, Au, Ame. I have been told by someone who was using the developers version of Mavericks that it’s awesome with CC. I have also had the last hour to read on blogs that people are having problems with their CS6 and Mavericks. So I don’t know if I want to make the leap just yet…
I did have the Adobe Applications Manager auto update this morning on the CPU in question… so maybe that has something to do with it???
Anyway. Just thought I would put this up as I have a little time to kill (5 minutes remaining)
Hope you all are doing well out there and having a great day.
Until next time – Good Shooting (and editing or at least computing)